Skip to main content

January - March Reading Wrap Up & Some Plans

2017 is already a quarter of the way over!  That's nuts!

I did a terrible job of keeping up with my monthly wrap up posts this year so I decided to combine the first three months into a wrap up of the whole quarter.  I'm doing great with reading so far this year and when March was over, I was perfectly on track to meet my reading goal for the year.  I'm shooting for 100 books again this year and I finished March with 25 so I'm very pleased. 

Stats for January through March:

-25 books read
   - 6 non-fiction
   - 6 historical fiction
   - 2 review books
   -16 library books
   -5 books I own
   -17 ebooks

While I'm staying on track with my main reading goal, I'm really slacking in other areas.  I started a reading journal (which I've been neglecting) and for this year I set out to read 25 non-fiction books and 30 books I own.  I'm doing okay with making the non-fiction book goal but I really need to work on reading books I own.


I've been purchasing books indiscriminately all year.  Some have been books I've purchased with Christmas and birthday gift cards but for the most part, I've just been buying every book I see.  I've been terrible with kindle deals; I used to really think about it before I purchased something and would even check the library but lately, I've been buying anything that sounds good.  And then (as you can see above), I went to the library book sale and bought way more books than I needed to.  YIKES.

So, my goal for this quarter is to focus solely on reading books I own and catching up on review books.  I have one library book on hold and I have one pre-order book coming (A Court of Wings and Ruin, YEAH!) but otherwise, I will focus on books that I already have in my possession.  I'm excited about a lot of the books I bought and this will help me focus on them since I tend to get distracted by library books and new purchases.

I'm also going to try to post on the blog more. I took a small break and now I kind of miss it. I have lots of review books to read so there will be some reviews to post and I'd like to start posting about non-bookish things too.  I really enjoyed blogging about my Whole30 experience and still need to post about my failed re-intro phase (fun times!) so I'm going to try some new things around here.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful April so far!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?