Skip to main content

May Wrap Up

Hello!  I know I've been MIA lately but I'm hoping to start coming back slowly!  Thank you for your patience with me.


May was an awesome reading month!  I read 11 books which is a TON for me especially considering May was so busy.  I guess it helped that I reread several Laura Ingalls Wilder books and those are pretty easy to read.  I have now read 38 books this year; I'm almost halfway to my goal of 80!  I read a wide range of books this month and it was really nice to just kind of pick up what I wanted without the pressure of review books.


In addition to reading a lot in May, the hubs, toddler and I went to Colorado to visit my brother.  It was a really nice little trip and Julia did pretty good on the 8/9 hour car ride.  We also went to 4 kid's birthday parties, celebrated Mother's Day, the hubs' birthday and a friend's high school graduation and I made my first wedding cake.  It was kind of a whirlwind. June won't be quite as busy but we will be working on spring cleaning our house before Julia's 2nd birthday (!) at the end of the month.  She's still not sleeping great but we've kind of adjusted to it (even though it is really annoying at times).  Anyway, I'm glad May is over and looking forward to June and summer!


Here are my May numbers:
-11 books read
   -1 non-fiction
   - 6 historical fiction (I am now at 17/25 for the Historical Fiction Challenge)
   -0 review
   -6 library books
   -3 books I own (ebooks) - I'm not counting the Little House books I reread in this total


Next month I'll try to update where I stand with regards to my reading goals for the year since it will be the halfway point.


What I read in May:


1.) The Shadows by J.R. Ward - 3 stars
2.) These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder - 5 stars
3.) The Agincourt Bride by Joanna Hickson - 3 stars
4.) Young Pioneers by Rose Wilder Lane - 3 stars
5.) Missoula by Jon Krakauer - 5 stars
6.) Mean Streak by Sandra Brown - 3 stars
7.) The First Four Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder - 3 stars
8.) A Death in Vienna by Daniel Silva - 4 stars
9.) Sekret by Lindsay Smith - 3 stars
10.) Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich - 3 stars
11.) Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel - 4 stars


What did you read in May?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?