Skip to main content

Where I've Been




I know I've been pretty MIA lately and I'm so sorry about that.  I am still reading but my life has gone from crazy to completely ridiculous this year.  2015 has been ROUGH.  My daughter, in all of her toddler wisdom, has decided that sleep is completely unnecessary so we've been battling that.  No one ever tells that you toddlers have serious sleep issues too (I actually miss the newborn sleep issues, they're 10,000 times easier to deal with).  It got so bad we had to hire a sleep consultant!  It's slowly getting better but still far from where I want to be. 


In addition, my job and workplace has been like working in the looney bin; I've been swamped and there has been an excessive amount of workplace drama going on.  Some days it seems like we should have our own show, like 'The Office' because it's so bizarre here.

Sorry for all the whining, to my main point:  between work and home right now, blogging has kind of fallen to the wayside.  We've implemented changes to my daughter's sleep schedule that have made it impossible for me to have very much free time at home (my house is a mess, I can't exercise, etc.)  I'm hoping to adjust to this new normal soon but in the interim, please forgive me for not blogging very much.  I'm not ready to give up the blog yet but it's going to be a month or two before things get back to some version of 'normal'.

I will be attempting (hahaha) to participate in Dewey's Read - A - Thon this weekend so you can check on my progress (or lack thereof) on twitter (@so_many_books).  I foresee that most of my reading will be comprised of board books but I'm going to try to get some other reading in.  

Thank you so much for bearing with me during this time.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear about the sleep issues! I'm glad you could consult a sleep expert, though. Hopefully that will help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?