Skip to main content

Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013

 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic:  Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013

I don't have 10 bookish goals so I am splitting this up into bookish and non-bookish goals.

Bookish Goals:
 
1.) Read 75 books in 2013-This is a low goal for me but considering that life will be changing dramatically in June, I don't want to set my number too high.

2.) Read books that I own-Last year I didn't read very many books that I own.  This year I plan to make at least every other book I read, one that I already own.  There are so many books on my shelf that I want to read that I just keep putting off in favor of a library book.

3.) Purge book shelves again-This will be easier once I make a dent in my TBR pile of books.  I own a lot of books I bought on a whim that I don't necessarily want to keep forever.  Once I have read them, I plan to get rid of them.

4.) Buy fewer physical books-Until I am settled in a house that I plan to stay in for a LONG time, I really need to limit the actual print books I purchase.  Moving them is such a hassle so I think I will try to limit my book buying to ebooks.  I do know of a few books coming out this year that I will purchase in print format but that's it.

5.) Try to keep up with the blog-I got kind of burnt out on the blog and reading for a while and I am kind of getting my momentum back.  However, I am really backed up on posts since I am just getting into the swing of things again.  I need to make sure that I am doing a little every day to keep from getting behind.

Non-Bookish Goals:

1.) Exercise 5-7 days a week-I am no longer running but I do still try to get in some form of exercise on a regular basis.  I am starting to worry that this may fall to the wayside and am going to really try to keep moving.
2.) De-clutter the house-We just moved in August but for some reason our house feels messy and cluttered already.  I need to spend the next couple months reorganizing everything!  Especially since we now have to add some additional furniture to the house...like a crib.

3.) Re-evaluate budget and finances-Our finances aren't a problem at all but we could definitely organize things a lot better.

4.) Work with Turbo on refreshing his obedience skills-For the most part, Turbo is a good dog.  However, he could use a refresher on some of the obedience training he received when we first got him.

5.) Have a wonderful year!-Enough said. : )


What are your bookish/non-bookish goals for 2013?  Leave me a link in the comments so I can check out your list!

Comments

  1. wow, we have almost the same list and we are currently reading the same book! Bizarre! I wish I had thought to add some life goals in to make 10 too! Good idea.
    My Tuesday List

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very organized and practical person! I'm so taking a leaf out of your book. Awesome goals! I'm a new follower.. come visit me too! boardingwithbooks.co.il first post is my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with 3 and 4! I should do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read more books that I own too, and excercise! YES@ That one's gonna be hard for me, lol :)) I'm sucha lazy person. Anyways, good luck! :D

    My Goals for 2013
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?