Skip to main content

September Wrapup

I can't believe September is over already!!  It went by so fast but I am really excited for October and all of the upcoming fall holidays.  September was another slow reading month for me.  I read 7 books as well as the first 300 pages in Les Miserables.  This puts me at a total of 92 books read for the year which is approximately 50 less than I had finished at this point last year.  I am definitely not reading as much this year as I was last year but I still feel pretty good about where I stand.  I only have 3 challenge books left to finish in addition to finishing Les Mis so I will definitely complete all of my challenges this year.

I set a bunch of goals for myself at the beginning of this month and I'll be honest, I didn't meet very many of them.  A lot of unexpected things happened in September, some good and some bad, and it was hard to make time for everything I wanted to do.  The hubs started a fantastic new job (YAY) and I hurt my knee to the point where I had to step out of running a 1/2 marathon in October (BOO).  I am completely okay with the fact that a lot of my goals were unmet because I did meet the reading goals that I set for myself and I am hoping October will go a little more smoothly than September.  I am excited for October because I will be participating in Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-thon for the first time to help me get through some books I have been putting off for a while.

Anyway, here is what I read in October.  Reviews will be posted for the last three books in the next week or so.

1.) The Boleyn Wife by Brandy Purdy
2.) The Queen's Sorrow by Suzannah Dunn
3.) The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning
4.) The Sisters who Would Be Queen by Leanda de Lisle
5.) The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
6.) Jane: The Woman Who Loved Tarzan by Robin Maxwell
7.) The Voices of the Dead: Stalin's Great Terror in the 1930s by Hiroaki Kuromiya

How was September for you?  Did you meet your reading goals for the month?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?